A language is not just a bunch of words together with rules of putting those words together. A language is another world. And learning a new language gives you a chance to get access to another culture, lifestyle, history of another country much easier.
There are up to over 410 million native Spanish speakers in the world. Spanish is also regarded as one of the easiest languages for a native English speaker to learn. This is due to the fact that both languages share Latin roots and thousands of cognates and words.
Here in this article, we will give you some tips on how to learn Spanish quickly.
Spanish learning tips
1. Connect Spanish to your life
Think of Spanish as a new way to experience your everyday life.
There are some tips that you can try:
- change the display language on your computer to Spanish
- find Spanish-language movies and TV shows to watch (with Spanish subtitles)
- get your news or celebrity gossip fix from Spanish-language magazines, newspapers and websites
- check out Spanish-language podcasts and youtube videos on topics that already interest you
2. Connect to native speakers
The best way to connect Spanish to your daily life is to spend time around native speakers. Talking is always the best way to practice what you learn. You should find a native speaker or join Spanish-speaking meetup group/club to practice.
3. The imitation game
To master a Spanish accent, you need to listen closely to native speakers and imitate what you hear. Over time this will familiarize you with sounds that you aren’t used to making. This also helps form your accent as well as shows you the right way to pronounce a word.
Since Spanish has so many different regional accents, the people you choose to imitate can give your Spanish a particular regional flair.
4. Be patient
Learning a new language requires your patience and your industriousness. So keep calm and study hard.